Witch Finger Cookies
Makes 60 cookies, 5 mg Azuca CBD each
1 cup butter, softened
½ cup + 2 tsp powdered sugar
2½ Tbsp Azuca CBD sugar, ground
1 tsp almond extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
2⅔ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ cup + 2 Tbsp whole almonds
Optional: Green food coloring
Optional: Red food decorating gel
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, combine butter, egg, powdered sugar and Azuca CBD sugar and extract.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking powder.
- While mixing, slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture. You may add optional green food dye, one drop at a time until the desired witchy skin-tone is reached. Beat until well combined. Then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F and lightly grease two cookie sheets.
- Scoop 1 heaping tsp of dough at a time onto a piece of waxed or parchment paper. Using the paper, roll the dough into a thin, finger shapes. Press a whole almond into one end of each cookie (to look like a fingernail). Create knuckles by gently squeezing dough twice; once near the almond and again halfway down the cookie. Using a sharp knife, add lines on each ‘knuckle’ for realistic wrinkles.
- Place fingers on baking sheet, giving each 1” of space from the others.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a little golden in color.
- Once out of the oven and cool enough to handle, you may remove the almond fingernails, squirt a small drop of red coloring gel in each nail bed and replace almond so red gel oozes out.