Makes 20 latkes, 10 mg Azuca CBD each
2 cups coarsely grated potatoes (about 2 russet potatoes)
3 eggs, beaten
1½ Tbsp all-purpose flour
1½ tsp salt
2½ Tbsp coarsely grated Vidalia onion (roughly ½ of a medium size onion)
5 tsp Azuca CBD Sugar
Vegetable oil for frying
- Using a fine sieve, cheesecloth, fine colander or a clean dish cloth, squeeze excess liquid out of grated potatoes. Do this several times to dry your potatoes out as much as possible.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir together until fully incorporated. Mixture should be thick and wet. If it is soupy add another tbsp of flour or another beaten egg if too dry.
- Generously pour vegetable oil into a heavy skillet to cover bottom with ⅛” of oil and heat until a small amount of batter sizzles when placed in the oil.
- Fill a ¼ cup with 3 Tbsp of batter and then carefully scoop into hot oil. Cook roughly 90 seconds per side, or until a deep golden brown and crispy.
- Remove latke from pan and let oil drain on a paper towel.
- Serve hot with applesauce and sour cream.