Makes 6 drinks, 10 mg Azuca CBD each
Wonderful but very rich, eggnog is best served in small portions. Though good hot or cold, I always serve it hot in the winter. This can be made a day ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator.
1 large egg
½ cup sugar
¼ tsp salt
1 quart (4 cups) milk
1 Tbsp good vanilla extract
½ tsp ground nutmeg, plus additional freshly grated nutmeg for serving
1 cup heavy cream
8 Azuca Sugar Sticks
- In a heavy 4-quart saucepan, with a wire whisk, beat the egg, sugar and salt until well-blended.
- Stir in the milk. Cook the mixture over low heat, stirring constantly, for about 25 minutes, or until it thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Be careful not to boil the mixture, or it will curdle.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl. Stir in the vanilla extract, ½ tsp ground nutmeg and the heavy cream. Cover the egg nog and refrigerate it overnight.
- Shortly before serving, warm the eggnog in a 4-quart saucepan until steaming hot but not boiling. Be careful not to boil it, or it will curdle.
- Pour the warm eggnog into mugs, and sprinkle each serving with a little freshly grated nutmeg.