Makes 8 servings, 25 mg Azuca CBD each
1 cup all-purpose flour
¾ cup coarse corn meal
½ tsp coarse salt
1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
5 tsp Azuca CBD sugar
2 large eggs
2 cups milk
2 Tbsp + 2 tsp melted, unsalted butter
1½ Tbsp white vinegar
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place an 8” square baking dish in the oven to warm.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, salt, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and Azuca CBD sugar.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 2 Tbsp of melted butter, milk, vinegar, vanilla and eggs.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and gently stir until no streaks or lumps of dry ingredients remain.
- Remove baking dish from oven and grease with 2 remaining Tbsp of butter. Pour batter evenly into dish. Pour heavy cream over the batter and do not stir.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and an inserted knife comes out clean.
- Let cool at 10 minutes before dividing into 8 even servings. Serve warm with butter.