Shrimp and Grits
Source: Charleston Magazine
Makes 4 servings, 25 mg Azuca CBD each
1 pound raw, deveined shrimp
1 cup grits
4 cups water (plus more for soaking)
½ cup butter, divided
2 tsp Azuca CBD sugar
- Make the grits: soak your grits in just enough water to cover for at least 2 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Boil 4 cups of water in a pot with a 1 tsp of salt. Once boiling, slowly pour in grits while whisking. Allow mixture to return to a boil. Stir in Azuca CBD sugar.
- Turn down the heat to low and cover with a lid. Make sure to whisk and scrape the bottom of the pot every couple of minutes for 30-45 minutes (or until the desired texture is reached. You can add a tiny bit more water if your grits have become too thick. If they’ve become too watery, cook without a lid for a few minutes). Once done, stir in 2 Tbsp of butter.
- In a frying pan, heat 4 Tbsp butter and sauté the shrimp until just cooked and pink. Remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
- Add the rest of the butter to the pan and let it melt.
- Plate the grits with shrimp on top, drizzle with melted butter, and enjoy immediately.