Morning Glory Muffins
Makes 8 servings, 25 mg Azuca CBD each
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp salt
2½ Tbsp ground flax seeds (optional)
3 Tbsp packed dark brown sugar
5 tsp Azuca CBD sugar
2 Tbsp honey
2½ Tbsp vegetable oil, coconut oil or melted butter
2½ Tbsp unsweetened smooth applesauce
1 tsp orange or lemon zest (optional)
2½ Tbsp orange juice
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 cup shredded carrot (about 2 large carrots)
½ cup shredded apple (about 1 small apple)
¼ raisins (or small/chopped dried fruit of choice)
½ cup unsalted chopped pecans (or nut of choice)
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line or grease 8 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and flax (if using). Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, orange juice, orange zest (if using), Azuca CBD sugar, brown sugar, honey, oil or butter, applesauce, and vanilla until combined. Then add shredded carrots and apple and stir until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and gently stir together until no streaks of flour remain. Fold in nuts and dried fruit.
- Spoon batter evenly into muffin cups, filling them all the way to the top.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350°F and continue to bake for another 18 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack and letting cool completely.