Mini Strawberry Shortcakes
Source: Bubby’s Official + James Beard
Photo: Bubby’s Official
Makes 9 servings, 25 mg Azuca CBD each
For the biscuits:
4 Tbsp melted butter
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
½ tsp kosher salt
¾-1 cup heavy cream
1 Tbsp + 2½ tsp Azuca CBD sugar or 9 Azuca CBD sugar stick packs
For the filling:
2 cups strawberries
1½ cups heavy cream
½ tsp vanilla extract
5 Tbsp sugar
Make the biscuits:
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking powder, and Azuca CBD sugar into a medium bowl.
- Stir in heavy cream until dough forms. Dump the dough out onto a floured surface. Knead a couple of times, then roll out to a ½” thick, 9” x 9” square. Cut into 9, 3” x 3” squares with a floured knife.
- Dip each biscuit in the melted butter and place on cookie sheet 2” apart.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until crispy on the top and bottom and soft in the center. Allow to cool on a rack until room temperature.
Make the filling:
- Slice strawberries into quarters, or bite-size pieces and place them in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle 4 Tbsp of sugar over the strawberries, gently toss, and allow to macerate for 30 minutes.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer or in a large bowl with a whisk, beat heavy cream with vanilla and 1 Tbsp of sugar until soft peaks form.
Assemble the shortcakes:
- Slice biscuits in half horizontally (so as to make a sandwich).
- Place a dollop of whipped cream on all the bottom halves of the biscuits and top with macerated strawberries and syrup. Place the remaining biscuit half on top of each cake.