Makes 24 servings, 20 mg Azuca CBD each
For the crust:
8 oz (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
½ cup sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
⅛ tsp kosher salt
For the lemon curd:
4 jumbo eggs, room temperature
2¼ cups sugar
4 Tbsp Azuca CBD Infused Sugar
2 Tbsp lemon zest (from 4-6 lemons)
1 cup lemon juice
1 cup flour
- Grease a 9” x 13” baking pan and preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Make the crust: in the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Gently add the flour mixture to the butter mixture with the mixer on low speed (pulsing the mixer between additions is a good way to prevent the flour from flying everywhere). Mix until just combined.
- Gather the dough into a disc, then place it into your baking pan. With floured hands, press the dough into the baking pan until there is an even layer on the bottom and you have built up ½” walls all the way around. Chill in the refrigerator until firm to the touch.
- Bake the crust for 15-20 minutes, or until blonde and slightly blistered. Let cool.
- Make the lemon curd: In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, Azuca CBD sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and flour. Make sure the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Pour the lemon curd into your crust and bake for another 25 minutes or so. Check occasionally to see how set the curd is. You want to bake until about 5 minutes after the curd stops sloshing when the pan is jiggled. If a crack forms on the top of the curd, you have likely overbaked your lemon bars.
- Let cool completely to room temperature before slicing into 24, 2” x 2” squares. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.