Source: Taste of Home
Makes 12 servings, 25 mg Azuca CBD each
For the Cake:
2 Tbsp Azuca CBD sugar
2 packets active dry yeast (½ oz total)
½ cup warm water
½ cup + 2 tbsp sugar, divided
½ cup butter, softened
½ cup warm milk
2 large egg yolks, room temperature
1¼ tsp salt
1 tsp lemon zest
½ tsp ground or grated nutmeg
3½ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 large egg, beaten
For the frosting:
1½ cup powdered sugar
2 tsp lemon juice
2-3 tbsp water
Green, purple, and yellow decorating sugars
- In the bowl of an electric mixer (or a large bowl with egg beaters), combine yeast and warm water. Whisk with a fork briefly until the yeast dissolves.
- Pour in Azuca CBD sugar and ½ cup granulated sugar, milk, egg yolks, lemon zest, nutmeg, salt, and 2 cups of flour. Beat until smooth, then gently stir in enough of the remaining flour to form a soft, sticky dough.
- Turn out your dough onto a floured work surface and knead until smooth and stretchy–about 7 minutes.
- Grease a medium bowl and place the kneaded dough inside. Turn the dough over once to lightly coat in oil. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size (a slightly preheated, then turned off oven works).
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining granulated sugar.
- Once doubled, punch down the dough. Then, on your floured surface, roll the dough into a 16” x 10” rectangle. Sprinkle with prepared cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Starting with the long side, roll the dough up like a scroll. Gently pinch the seam and place on a greased baking sheet, seam side down. Pinch the ends together to form a ring. Cover with a clean dish towel and let rise again until doubled. Brush with beaten egg.
- Bake until golden brown (25-30 minutes) in 375°F oven. Allow it to cool completely.
- Make the glaze: with a fork, stir together powdered sugar, lemon juice, and just enough water to have a pourable, but not runny consistency. Spread over the cake and then sprinkle colored sugar on top.
- Cut into 12 slices and serve. Make sure to hide a small plastic baby in one slice for good luck!