Irish Soda Bread
Makes 8 slices, 25 mg Azuca CBD each
5 cups all purpose flour
¾ cup sugar
5 tsp Azuca CBD sugar or 8 Azuca CBD sugar stick packs
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1½ tsp kosher salt
½ cup butter, cubed
2½ cup raisins
3 Tbsp caraway seeds
2½ cups buttermilk
1 large egg
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Grease a 10″ cast iron skillet with high sides or a Dutch oven.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, Azuca CBD sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Using your fingers crumble the butter into the flour mixture until coarse crumbs form.
- Stir in caraway seeds and raisins.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and the egg.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry mixture until just combined (dough should be very sticky).
- Pour dough into skillet and smooth top with a rubber spatula.
- With a floured knife cut a 1” deep X into the top of the dough.
- Bake about 1 hour and 15 minutes (or until inserted knife comes out clean).
- Let the bread cool in pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- Cut into 8 even slices and enjoy!