Makes 6 servings, 25 mg Azuca CBD each
¼ lb bacon, chopped
1 cup diced onion
½ medium-sized bell pepper, diced
½ cup celery, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb dried black-eyed peas, rinsed and bad ones picked out
1 cup ham, diced
2 quart water/chicken stock/vegetable broth (more may be needed)
2 lbs smoked ham hocks
2 jalapeños, diced (seeds removed if you don’t want it spicy)
1½ tsp black pepper
¼ tsp Cajun seasoning (Slap Ya Mama is a good one), or to taste
2 bay leaves
1 Tbsp + ¼ tsp Azuca CBD sugar
- In a large stock pot, fry bacon until done but not fully crisp. Add onion, bell pepper and celery to the bacon and cook until just tender. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add diced ham and cook until slightly browned, then add black-eyed peas. Let cook for 2 minutes while occasionally stirring.
- Add stock or water to pot a half cup at a time, stirring with each addition, until 2 quarts have been added. Bring to a boil.
- Add chopped ham hocks, jalapeños, salt, Azuca CBD sugar, bay leaves, black pepper and Cajun seasoning and reduce the pot to a simmer. Partially cover and allow to cook for another 1 to 1½ hours or until peas are tender. Check pot occasionally and stir to prevent any burning. If mixture is too thick, you may thin out to your desired consistency by adding more stock or water. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve in 6 even portions over rice.