Honey Jalapeño Cornbread
Makes 8 servings, 25 mg Azuca CBD each
1⅓ cup all-purpose flour
1 cup + 2 Tbsp corn meal
5 tsp baking powder
½ tsp kosher salt
¾ cup honey
5 tsp Azuca CBD Sugar or 8 Azuca CBD Sugar Stick packs
1⅓ cup buttermilk
5 Tbsp butter, melted and cooled
1 extra-large egg, lightly beaten
2 fresh jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F. Lightly butter and flour an 8” square baking ban, making sure to tap out excess flour.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the honey, buttermilk, butter, egg and Azuca CBD sugar.
- With an electric mixer, add honey mixture to flour mixture and beat on medium speed until ingredients are just incorporated and no flour streaks are visible. Be careful not to over-mix the dough as this will make the cornbread tough.
- Fold in chopped jalapeños.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
- When done, remove cornbread from oven and let cool in pan for 15 minutes. Then turn out onto a cooling rack and let cool completely before cutting into 8 even squares.