Homemade Candy Corn
Makes 90 pieces, 2mg Azuca CBD each
1¼ cup powdered sugar
2 Tbsp + ½ tsp non-fat powdered milk
¼ tsp kosher salt
4½ tsp Azuca CBD Sugar
6½ Tbsp granulated sugar
⅓ cup light corn syrup
2½ Tbsp water
2 Tbsp butter
½ tsp vanilla extract
2-3 drops each of yellow and orange gel food coloring
- In a food processor, blend together powdered sugar, salt and non-fat powdered milk until fully combined. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine corn syrup, granulated sugar, Azuca CBD sugar and water. Cover and cook on medium heat for 4 minutes. Add butter and bring the mixture to 203°F (use a candy thermometer to measure temperature). Hold the mixture at 203°F for 2 minutes. Then remove saucepan from heat.
- With a heatproof rubber spatula, stir in the powdered milk/powdered sugar/salt mixture and vanilla extract to sugar mixture. Make sure ingredients are well combined.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat and pour candy corn dough on to it. Let cool 10-15 minutes (or until cool enough to handle).
- Divide dough into 3 equal parts. Leave ⅓ of the dough white. Add 2-3 drops of yellow food coloring gel into another third, and 2-3 drops of orange food coloring gel into the last third. Knead the yellow and orange doughs separately until color is consistent throughout.
- Roll each third of dough into an 18’ long rope. Cut the rope in half and continue to roll each piece into ropes 22” long and ½“ thick. Lay the ropes next to each other (orange, yellow, white) and press together. Using a bench scraper or ruler, cut into 4” sections, then press that section into a wedge shape with the widest part of the wedge being orange and the tip, white. You may then cut each wedge into individual triangle candies.
- Let candies dry out flat on a baking sheet for 1 hour before eating or storing in an airtight container.