Hibiscus Gin Sour
Makes 2 drinks, 25 mg Azuca CBD each
4 oz gin
2 oz + 1 tsp hibiscus simple syrup*
Juice of 2 lemons
2 tsp Azuca simple syrup
2 egg whites
1 oz Campari
Dried hibiscus petals, for garnish
Hibiscus Simple Syrup:
⅓ cup water
5 tsp white sugar
3 Tbsp dried hibiscus petals
½” fresh ginger root, thinly sliced
- Make hibiscus simple syrup by combining water, white sugar, hibiscus, and ginger in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Continue to simmer until sugar is dissolved and the flowers are soft. Remove from heat and let steep for 5 minutes. Strain and allow to cool completely.
- Combine 2 oz + 1 tsp of hibiscus syrup, gin, lemon juice, and Azuca simple syrup in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously until the sides of the shaker feel quite cold, then strain into two coupes.
- Empty cocktail shaker of ice, then fill with egg whites and Campari. Shake for about 30 seconds or until egg whites are foamy.
- Top glass with foam and garnish with hibiscus petals.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.