Cranberry Curd Tart
Source: NYT Cooking
Makes 8 servings, 25 mg Azuca CBD each
For the crust:
1¼ cups raw hazelnuts
1 cup rice flour
¼ tsp salt
½ cup sugar
6 Tbsp butter, softened
For the filling:
12 oz fresh or frozen cranberries
4 tsp Azuca CBD sugar
1 cup sugar
8 Tbsp butter, softened
Zest and juice of 1 orange
2 egg yolks
- Make the crust: Heat oven to 325°F. Toast the hazelnuts on a sheet pan for 10-15 minutes (or until the skin darkens and cracks). Rub the skins off with a clean dishtowel. Let nuts cool completely.
- Grind hazelnuts with ½ cup rice flour in a food processor until the mixture looks like coarse cornmeal. Add salt and ½ cup rice flour and pulse to combine.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer or in a large bowl with an electric egg beater, cream ½ cup sugar and 6 Tbsp butter together until pale in color and thick. Add the ground nuts and rice flour mixture to the sugar-butter mixture and beat until a dough is formed. If the mixture is too crumbly to hold together, add a little more softened butter or very cold water 1 Tbsp at a time until the right texture is achieved.
- Press half the dough into the bottom of a 10” tart pan, using the remaining half for the sides. Prick the pressed dough several times with a fork and freeze until very firm, about an hour.
- Set oven to 350°F and bake the empty tart shell for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- Make the curd: In a saucepan over medium heat, combine cranberries, Azuca CBD sugar, sugar, orange zest, and orange juice. Simmer until the cranberries have popped (about 10 minutes). With an immersion blender or in a food processor, blend the mixture until smooth. Press through a fine sieve into a medium bowl.
- Whisk 8 Tbsp of softened butter into cranberry mixture until fully combined.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs and egg yolks together. Slowly drizzle 1 cup of warm cranberry mixture into the eggs while whisking. Return to the saucepan (clean first if necessary), cook on low heat until just bubbling (about 10 minutes). Let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°F again. Pour cranberry curd into the prepared tart shell and bake for 20 minutes. Let it cool completely. Cut into 8 slices and serve slightly chilled.