Makes 64 pieces, 5 mg Azuca CBD each
1 Tbsp cold, unsalted butter
1½ cups heavy cream
2¾ cups + 1 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp + 2 tsp Azuca CBD sugar
3 oz unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
¼ cup light corn syrup
¼ tsp salt
- Lightly grease an 8” square baking pan and line with parchment paper with a 1” overhang on 2 sides. Grease parchment.
- Place butter in a large bowl on top of a trivet and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, combine heavy cream, chocolate, sugar, corn syrup and salt. Cook until chocolate is melted and sugar is dissolved.
- Turn the heat up to medium and bring melted chocolate mixture to a boil, painting the sides of the pot with a wet pastry brush to prevent sugar crystals from forming.
- Continue to cook without stirring until an inserted candy thermometer reads 238°F (soft-ball stage).
- Once the correct temperature is reached, pour the mixture into the prepared bowl (do not scrape bottom of the pan). Allow to cool, without stirring, until your candy thermometer reads 110°F.
- When the mixture has reached 110°F, stir with increasing speed until the fudge has lightened in color, has become thicker and loses its sheen (about 5 minutes).
- Pour the mixture and immediately spread evenly into the prepared pan. Smooth top and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set overnight.
- Once set, run a knife around the edges of the pan and use the parchment overhang to lift the fudge out of the pan.
- Cut into an 8” x 8” grid to create 64, 1” square pieces. Store in an airtight container with pieces separated by strips of parchment to prevent sticking.