Vanilla Ice Cream
Makes 8 servings, 25 mg Azuca CBD each
- Pour milk, sugar, Azuca sugar, 1 cup of heavy cream and salt into a medium sauce pan. Scrape vanilla bean seeds into the milk, add scraped pod as well.
- Heat until warm. Turn off heat, cover and let steep for 30 minutes.
- Remove vanilla bean pod.
- Pour last cup of heavy cream into a medium bowl. Create an ice bath by placing the cream bowl into a larger bowl filled with ice water. Set a fine strainer on top.
- Rewarm milk mixture. In another medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks. Slowly pour the warm milk into the egg yolks while whisking constantly. Then pour the milk-egg mixture back into the sauce pan and cook on medium heat (stirring and scraping the bottom of the pan with a rubber spatula constantly) until mixture thickens and coats the spatula.
- Pour custard through the strainer into the cup of chilled heavy cream. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Chill custard in the refrigerator for 5 hours, or overnight. Then follow your ice cream maker’s instructions to complete.