Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
Makes 36 cookies, 25 mg Azuca CBD each
1 cup butter
7½ Tbsp Azuca CBD sugar
2 eggs, separated
½ tsp vanilla extract
2 cups + 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
Pinch kosher salt
2 cups finely chopped walnuts
~ ¾ cup raspberry jam
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- With hand-held or standing electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks (keep whites) and vanilla. Mix until incorporated.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt. Add to butter mixture and stir until just combined. Form 36 dough balls, ½” in diameter.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites until light and frothy (about 30 seconds). Place chopped walnuts in a separate, small bowl.
- Dip dough balls into egg whites and then roll in chopped walnuts. Make an indent into each ball with your thumb.
- Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15-20 minutes (or until dough is blonde and set).
- In a small bowl, vigorously stir raspberry jam until smooth and even in texture.
- Remove cookies from oven and turn down temperature to 225°F.
- Fill indents with raspberry jam and put cookies back in oven for 20 more minutes (or until bottoms are golden brown).
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before eating.