Adapted from Bubby’s Brunch Cookbook
Makes 12 scones, 20 mg Azuca CBD each
3 cups all-purpose flour
1½ Tbsp baking powder
2 Tbsp Azuca CBD Sugar
80 grams white granulated sugar (just under a half cup) + 2 Tbsp for sprinkling on top of scones
½ tsp kosher salt
2 cups heavy cream (plus more for brushing on top of scones)
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F and position an oven rack in the middle of the oven. Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, granulated sugar and Azuca CBD sugar.
- Fold blueberries into dry ingredients.
- Stir in heavy cream.
- Using a rubber spatula or your hands to form a soft dough. Be careful not to over-mix the dough! There should still be some lumps of dry ingredients.
- Turn out dough onto a slightly floured work surface. Knead about 30 seconds – or just until dough sticks together. Handle as little as possible. Gently form into a ball and lightly dust with flour. Sprinkle a little more flour on your work surface and on a rolling pin.
- Roll dough into a 1″ thick, 8″ wide square. Cut dough into 12 even squares. Pat squares lightly to smooth out top.
- Place scones 2″ apart on baking sheet. Brush lightly with extra heavy cream and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until tops spring back when touched lightly and bottoms are golden brown.
- Remove scones from oven. Allow to cool on sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire cooling rack for another 5 minutes.