Bubby’s Pumpkin Pie
Makes 8 slices, 25mg Azuca CBD each
Graham Cracker Crust-
1½ cups pulverized graham crackers
3 Tbsp sugar
5 Tbsp + 1 tsp melted, unsalted butter
1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp salt
Pinch ground nutmeg
2 cups fresh or canned unsweetened pumpkin puree
1⅓ cups heavy cream
3 large eggs
⅓ cup packed light brown sugar
3 Tbsp + 2 tsp white granulated sugar
5 tsp Azuca CBD Sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp chopped candied ginger (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To make the graham cracker crust, stir together crumbs, sugar, and salt. Pour in melted butter and mix until evenly combined. Press the crumb mixture into a 9” pie tin with your fingers until you’ve formed an even, ⅛” thick layer. If you have an extra aluminum pie tin, lay it over the graham cracker crust and press firmly to further compact the crumbs. If you do not have a spare tin on hand, use a combination of your fingers and the bottom of a clean bowl or glass to press the compact the crust.
- Uncover your crust and bake for 8 minutes, until slightly browned and aromatic. Cool completely.
- Turn down the oven to 325°F.
- In a small bowl combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer or in a large bowl with a whisk or immersion blender, combine pumpkin, cream, eggs, vanilla, brown sugar, white sugar and Azuca CBD sugar. Blend thoroughly until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients and mix again until just combined.
- If using candied ginger, sprinkle on the bottom of your baked graham cracker crust.
- Pour filling into crust and place pie tin on a baking sheet before putting in the oven.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes. The filling should jiggle but not slosh. Cracks in the filling mean you have overbaked your pie.
Allow to cool completely. Cut into 8 even slices and serve chilled with whipped cream.