4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
¼ lb butter
2 Tbsp Azuca CBD Sugar
4½ Tbsp white granulated sugar
⅛ tsp salt
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp light brown sugar
¾ tsp cinnamon
1⅓ cup raisins
½ cup finely chopped walnuts
¼ cup apricot jam, smoothed in food processor or with immersion blender
1 beaten egg + 1 Tbsp milk for egg wash
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter and cream cheese until light in color.
- Beat in Azuca CBD sugar, salt and vanilla extract.
- Add flour and mix until just combined.
- On a floured surface, roll your dough into a ball. Cut the ball in half and wrap each half in plastic. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, combine 2½ Tbsp white sugar, ½ tsp cinnamon, raisins, walnuts and brown sugar.
- On your floured surface, roll your dough halves into 2, 9” circles, rotating and flipping dough frequently to prevent sticking.
- On each circle, spread 2 Tbsp of apricot jam and sprinkle ½ cup of filling over the jam.
- Cut the circle into quarters, then cut each quarter into thirds to get 12 slices.
- Starting with the wide side of each slice, roll the dough up into little cylinders.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and place the dough rolls an each apart. Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brush each cookie with egg wash.
- In another small bowl, combine ¼ tsp cinnamon and 2 Tbsp white sugar. Sprinkle over each cookie.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool completely on a rack before serving.