Bubby's Brownies with Azuca CBD Infused Sugar
Adapted from: Bubby’s Official
Photo: Bubby’s Official
Makes 12 servings, 25 mg Azuca CBD each
2 sticks (8 oz) butter
2½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (divided into two 1¼ cup portions)
3½ oz unsweetened chocolate
1 Tbsp + 1 tsp strong coffee or espresso (optional)
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 cup sugar
2½ Tbsp Azuca CBD Infused Sugar
½ cup flour
1½ tsp baking powder
1½ tsp salt
½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9” x 9” baking pan and line with parchment.
- In a double boiler (or small heat-proof bowl over a saucepan with an inch of simmering water), combine butter, unsweetened chocolate and half of the chocolate chips. Melt mixture, stirring occasionally until there are only a few lumps of chocolate left. Remove from heat and stir until smooth.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk together sugar, Azuca CBD sugar, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add eggs, coffee (if using) and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients. Beat until just combined.
- Add melted chocolate mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in rest of chocolate chips and walnuts (if using).
- Bake for 15 minutes, then rotate and bake for another 10 minutes. Keep in longer if an inserted knife comes out with gooey batter (not just melted chocolate), checking frequently to prevent overbaking.